Cummins 12V Rebuild Kit, Please Note If Oversize Pistons/Bearings Are Needed.
Our engine rebuild kits for the '94-'98 Cummins 12V consist of the following:
- Pistons/Rings/Wrist Pins & Snap Rings (Marine Style Bowl supplied unless otherwise noted in special instructions section of checkout...see below for details)
- Main Bearings
- Rod Bearings
- Cam Bushing (Specify size and quantity if more than one is needed)
- Head Gasket Set
- Lower Gasket Set
**Kits do NOT come with wrist pin bushings, please add them separately if needed...................these need pressed & burnished by a machine shop into the connecting rod.........typically these do not need replaced**
ALL COMPONENTS WILL BE SUPPLIED FROM A COMBINATION OF THE FOLLOWING MANUFACTURERS:
Mahle, Clevite, Pefect Circle, Interstate McBee, and/or Cummins (High demand on these kits has been running the manufacturers out of stock from time to time so we have to substitute what is available........we do NOT supply products that we feel are inferior in quality/durability.
It Is Not Recommended To Reuse Headbolts.
Mahle Piston Specifications
- Related Part Number 1: S41518
- Material: Aluminum
- Casting Number: 102L37
- Maximum Oversize: .040"
- Bore Diameter: 4.016" 102.00mm
- Piston Skirt Clearance: 0.0047"
- Measure Skirt Clearance at: 0.472 from bottom of skirt
- Piston Pin Diameter: 1.575" 40.00mm
- Piston Pin Retention Type: Floating
- Pin Hole Location: Offset
- Head Type Description: Reentrant Bowl Type Head
- Recess Depth: 0.685"
- Recess Diameter: 2.520"
- Recess Volume: 47.1cc
- Compression Height: Standard
- Compression Distance: 2.817" 71.56mm
- Compression Ring Groove 1: 3.00mm
- Compression Ring Groove 2: 2.40mm
- Oil Ring Groove Width 1: 4.00mm
- Note 1: OE casting # 102018
- Note 2: Keystone top ring