Driven Diesel 94-97 7.3L 'Race' Fuel Supply Kit
Our OBS Race Fuel Delivery kit features: • INCLUDES (2) BRAND NEW Bosch 7.3L Electric Fuel Pumps
• Option to Delete One or Both Fuel Pumps from Kit if Desired
• (2) Driven Diesel High Flow Check Valves
• Driven Diesel T-304 Stainless Steel "No-Drill" Mounting Bracket
• Rubber Insulated Clamps to Reduce Pump Noise / Vibration
• High Quality Filter Heads with Baldwin Fuel Filters
• Driven Diesel 5/8" Drawstraw -or- Fuel Tank Sump
• FUEL TANK SUMP SOLD SEPARATELY
• Complete Pump/Filters Assembly is only 13" Wide!
• 15' of Gates #10 Fuel Line and Fittings from Tank to Pump
• 20' of Gates #6 Fuel Line and Fittings from Pump to Engine
• 10' of Gates 5/16" Fuel Line and Clamps (fuel return)
• Driven Diesel OBS Fuel Pump Wiring Harness w/Pump Controller
• All Necessary Hardware for Installation
1. This kit is ELIMINATES the fuel tank selector valve from the fuel path (both supply and return fuel)...you will need to choose which tank the truck will be running from (front, rear, in-bed, race fuel cell, etc). We HIGHLY RECOMMEND operating from the FRONT tank if possible, as it offers adequate clearnace above the tank for the 5/8" pickup, and has a smoother bottom surface for the sump to seal against. If you will be using the rear tank (whether stock or aftermarket), some modifications to this kit or the fuel tank may be required to cleanly plumb the necessary 5/8" connections to supply the fuel pump. In any case, the fuel supply and fuel return lines will both need to bypass the selector valve and be permanently connected to the same tank. If you still need the capacity of both tanks (for driving range reasons), you will need to devise a method of transferring fuel from the secondary tank to the tank the truck is running from (balance tube, transfer pump, etc). We do not currently offer the parts to complete the connection of a second tank.
2. While we have done everything we can to make this the most compact fuel pump and filter mount on the market at only 13" wide, there are a few applications where the mount will not fit inside the frame. Before ordering, please check your truck for clearance between the front of the fuel tank and the rear of the transfer case (4x4) for the necessary 13"-15" of installation space. If your truck doesn't have enough space inside the frame, this kit CAN be used outside the frame. You will need to disconnect the parking brake cable and route it through our pump mount bracket (we suggest covering it with a piece of split rubber hose as well), and shorten the pump mount bolts that protrude through the rear of the bracket. There should be plenty of extra hose in the kit to cleanly route the fuel lines to this location as well.
3. The stock fuel filter bowl and mechanical fuel pump MUST be removed and a regulated return fuel system installed in their place to use this kit. This Driven Diesel OBS Race Fuel Delivery kit was specifically designed to supply fuel to our OBS "Fuel Bowl Delete" Regulated Return Kit (NOT INCLUDED...see Related Products section below), but it will work equally well with other regulated return fuel systems.
4. DO NOT use our mini ball valves on the #10 (5/8") side of this system. The internal passage of those valves is too small for the suction side of the dual pump setup! We now have a 5/8" Fuel Line Shut-Off Valve option for the suction side of the system, and you can use a mini ball valve on the outlet of the post-pump fuel filter if desired.
5. Due to the differences we have seen in the condition of body mounts on OBS trucks (distance from frame to body), our pump bracket may contact the underside of the vehicle floor. On the few trucks we have found clearance issues on, the contact was very minor and the easiest solution was to carefully push the floor up about 1/4" in the affected area.
No Reviews Yet!